Friday, December 11, 2015

Paris has become Greener.

Last week I was in Paris for a short holiday and on arriving at the airport, the first taxi which I took was a hybrid. At first I thought that it was a coincidence, but then I started noticing that a good percentage of the Paris taxi fleet were actually hybrids ranging from PeugeotRenault, Citroën to Toyota.

I also noticed that a number of EV charging points have been installed across Paris since my last visit there 2 years ago, with EVs parked and charging. I found out that Paris has introduced an electric car sharing program and through my experience and judging by the EVs which I saw in the streets, I can say that it's being used quite a lot.

In the past 2 years a lot has changed in Paris and now it has become more Green!



Since I happened to be in Paris in December 2015, when the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference talks were being held, I was lucky enough to see a large display of Photo-voltaic panels installed in Champs Elysees serving as a demo to the public on the use of the sun to generate electricity.


I also saw a number of new Hyundai ix35 Hydrogen fueled cars (to be used as Taxis) just in front of the Eiffel Tower. Some more details on this initiative can be found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment