Friday, January 18, 2019

Outback 24V 3Kw Inverter VFX3024e


I finally purchased and installed a proper off-grid inverter capable of handling my ever increasing home energy needs.
I settled for the Outback 3KW Inverter (VFX3024e), the European version outputting 220v at 50Hz.




The inverter has been installed and performing flawlessly for a number of months now. I have never exceeded it's rated output, in fact I doubt I ever exceeded 1KW of load.
The cooling fan output varies with the load demand and the current temperature of the inverter internals and therefore operation is quite. One thing I have to point out however, which is the humming coming out from the device. I installed the inverter in the garage and therefore noise is not an issue however the humming can be annoying if the inverter is installed close to the living area.



No comments:

Post a Comment